Howie's Residential Trash & Curbside Recycling Services
Recognized as the area's #1 professional trash hauler, Howie's Trash Service has provided excellent service and customer support for over ten years. From the clean and sleek trucks to the professional and courteous drivers to the customer support and care each customer receives—Howie's Trash Service is your answer to all your trash disposal needs.
- New Residential customer rates effective October 10, 2023:
- Weekly trash pickup on the scheduled day (except holidays)
- Complimentary 96-gallon rolling trash tote (capacity of 5-10 trash bags/household of 5-7 people). Additional totes are available for a small fee.
- We allow 2 bags outside of the trash tote at NO extra charge. Any additional bags will be invoiced out at $2.00 per bag.
- No contracts.
- No start-up fees or taxes.
- Professional, courteous, and safe drivers, backed by our outstanding in-office customer support
- Howie's mobile app provides real-time updates and service notifications about your trash pickup schedule and service.
- Speak to a live person by phone at 785-776-8352, Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Choose from ONE of the following to save $1.00 per month:
- Active military and veteran
- First responders
- Senior citizens
Curbside Recycling Service
As an option for Howie's Trash Service customers in Manhattan, Wamego, and St. George curbside recycling is available, with the same excellent service from our outstanding team of professionals.
Simplifying Your Life: A Convenient & Time-Saving Way to Recycle
- $45.00 per quarter + Fuel Surcharge
- Twice-a-month recycling pickup on the same scheduled day as your trash pickup (except holidays)
- Complimentary 96-gallon rolling recycling tote. Additional totes are available for a small fee.
- No sorting is required.
- No bagging: all items must be loose in the tote.
- No limit on the number of recycling totes to pick up. One must be an HTS tote, and all others must be easily identifiable as recycling totes.
- #1-#2 plastics (remove lids)
- Tin cans
- Aluminum cans
- Telephone books
- Mixed paper
- NO GLASS CAN BE ACCEPTED CURBSIDE. All glass must be brought to our Recycling Center.
- #3-#7 plastics. These containers and materials should be placed in your trash tote with other household trash.